Monday, November 18, 2013

Typographic Portrait

For the typographic portrait assignment I decided to do a self portrait. I tried not to outline anything but rather suggest an outline with the characters and space. What I felt that identifies me and is my sarcastic personality, my big curly hair, my glasses, and my general character being peculiar. I used a wide variety of characters from letters, number, arithmetic signs. I also used different fonts, sizes, and boldness. I placed my portrait off to the right and tilted because I feel that I am very off and peculiar. I felt that that placement of my photo would give that feeling of the specific character (me).  I made my mouth open, tilted, and look like it has attitude because I am constantly told that I always have something to say or that I always have a comment to add. I used two 7's to create my mouth. For my hair I used the letters c, g, s, and the number 9. The letters c, g and s stand for curly, great and soft because that's what my hair is! I used a variety of fonts, sizes, and boldness due to the differences in the areas of my hair (small, loose curls fall on my face compared to big, soft curls on the top of my head). I also tried to convey other identifying factors such as my small nose, my small eyes, my interestingly shaped eyebrows, and my cheekbones. Overall, I feel that this typographic portrait represents me well and identifies with both my personality and physical features. I also feel that its visually pleasing because it has a combination of characters, and because the viewer fills in the blanks themselves. 

No comments:

Post a Comment