Friday, November 1, 2013

Logo for Young Company (Black/White and Colour Versions)

Black and White 

Colour Version

 1) The elements and principles of design that pertain to my logo are shape, line, value, colour, emphasis, space, and contrast. I chose to use these elements and principles of design for specific reasons. For example I used the colour blue because its a Lakeshore colour and also because blue is a colour that works very well with logos and attracts people (twitter/facebook logo). I used the other colours (black and grey) because they contrast and work well with the blue (and gradient). I used circles to represent unity and family because it is a drama 'family'. I used the star because actors are called stars and because they are usually in the middle of the stage. I used line to direct the spotlight on the star, and I used the gradient to put emphasis on the star. I used contrast to attract and make the logo enjoyable.

2) I am satisfied with the final product and it is what I envisioned it to be. The vision I had for my logo was to have 3D stage, with a white star in the middle, with a light (with gradient) shining down on it, and I feel that my logo conveys that image. It also is an appealing logo, fits what the client wanted, and its balanced. But, if I had time I would tweak the colours to see if I could have a better combination and try to incorporate the side stars better into the logo.


3) In the beginning I had trouble with the layers because some layers weren't in the spot I wanted. But then I fixed it with ordering the layers with the layer button. I also had trouble with the gradient and making look the way I wanted it to. But once again I figured it out with trial and error. I didn't find any new techniques while creating the logo, but I used some new tools on illustrator (gradient, live paint bucket, typography on a line, lasso).

No comments:

Post a Comment